February 25, 2011

The First Month

I fully intended to post and record the events of January 26th, 2011. Tomorrow marks the one month mark since Sean returned. I am a little slow, but things have been VERY BUSY. So much has happened and I just haven't taken the time to blog. I have posted the pictures we have on facebook, so most have probably seen them, but I thought I would fill in with a little more detail...

This is the first shot we got of Sean as he came down the elevator. His plane came in a few minutes early. We were blessed to have a connection at the gate :). David was right there to greet Sean as he came off the plane and he texted us to let us know he was on his way. David and Sean quickly played a treat on the other two missionaries as David posed as in investigator and Sean challenged David to baptism.


As soon as he came off the escalator we met each other for the best hug of my life. I was told afterward that the hug lasted for about three minutes. I wasn't counted. It was simply A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!!
I had to stand a little bit higher on my tip toes because I could tell immediately that he had grown. Sean went for a physical a few days later and my suspicions were confirmed. (When he went to the dentist...he had NO CAVITIES...Way to go SEAN!!)

He looked great!! He had been able to sleep for about 8 hours from Sydney, Australia to L.A. He didn't seem or look tired to me. I was surprised. I was expected he would be exhausted after such a long trip home, but he surprised me. We stayed up past 1:00 a.m talking that night :).

In all the excitement we didn't get pictures of Sean hugging his sisters but it did happen. Hannah went right to him and then had a little melt down when he tried to give her the kangaroo stuffed animal he had carried home for her. Even Hannah could feel the excitement and it was more than she could take :).
All love together :)
Grandma & Grandpa Marsden helped us drive home. Hannah drove with them. Tim and I and our three children were together on the ride home. We stopped by Kirt's drive-in so Sean could see the sign Megan (and Aaron) had put up for him.
It has been quite the month!! Sean was blessed to get a job the week after he returned. He was blessed again as he was offered another job this week that is better pay and better hours. He started that job today. The adjustment seems to be going well. He is very grateful for Skype and Facebook and email as he has been able to stay in contact with the people he has grown to love so much. I enjoyed listening to him talk last Sunday for over an hour helping answer questions and giving encouragement to one of his recent converts. He has been able to go on splits with the missionaries too.
The other day I was driving and I heard the song "You're going miss this...You're going want this back". Tears filled my eyes as I reflected on what precious time this is for us to have both Sean and Megan home for these next seven weeks. It is busy and hectic and I haven't been getting near as much sleep as I would like. But for the meantime, I am going to enjoy. Time goes so fast.
















































1 comment:

Georgia said...

Loved your blog post and all the photos. I did see them on Facebook, but this a more permanent place for them to be posted.

What a busy month!! What an amazing time of life. There will be time for sleeping later, visiting late into the night is not a bad thing! Enjoy every second of having Sean and Megan at home.