January 21, 2010

One year ago today!!!!

That is right!! On January 21st 2009, Elder Sean Marsden entered the MTC!! I can't believe it has been one year. I can truly say it has gone by fast. I can also say it does feel good to be at this point. I clearly remember how my heart felt one year ago tonight. However, I wouldn't trade this last year for anything. It has been a great ride for me. I feel great joy each and every day and I thank my Heavenly Father for Sean and for his decision to serve a mission. He is happy! He has done a fantastic job at communicating with us and sharing his mission with us. There has not been one week that has gone by that we haven't received an e-mail from him. We have also been blessed with several tapes and written letters. He has done a great job at sharing his experiences with us and answering any questions I have for him.

Every Sunday night is an event at our house as we wait for his e-mail to come. You may remember that when the first e-mail from Australia came, I pushed Tim right out of the way so that I could get to it first. Tim has graciously stepped aside each week to let me at it first. Elder Marsden sends his weekly e-mail to the family (immediate & extended) and then sends a few sentences to Tim, Melissa & Megan & I each week either answering questions or commenting on our e-mail. I truly feel like I get to "talk" to him each week as I write and he writes back.

So today I am celebrating!! I'm not just celebrating that it has been one year. I am also celebrating what a great experience this has been. I look forward to this next year too...more e-mails, phone calls, pictures & letters!! I plan to cherish this time as I do look forward to January 2011!






Last year....January 21, 2009

















4 comments:

Archie said...

WOW one year! I'm so impressed with Sean. I look forward to and read his emails each week. I was so impressed with his talk in church last year. He displayed the maturity of a returning missionary and he hadn't even left yet. In his emails I can see his growth and have no doubts whatsoever of his testimony.

Thank you so much for sharing his experiences with us.

I pray for Elder Marsden and Elder Nielsen every day.

I love you guys!

archie

Melissa said...

Yay! Yay for Sean! I love that kid!

Lesley said...

What a fast year! Sean is doing so well and it is clear that he is a wonderful missionary. I enjoy his e-mails, they are very informative and uplifting. The year ahead will go so fast, so... from my experience, my advice is to love and enjoy every minute, you guys at home and Sean in the mission field. What a blessing.

Lilian said...

Happy Hump Day!!! What a great feeling to have that year done. One more to go. What a grea missionary he is. I also enjoy reading his emails each week.