July 1, 2009

The BEST decision I have ever made...

Last night I had a little High School reunion with a group friends I went to High School with. We were all catching up over our lives the past 30 years and when it came to my turn to tell about what had happened to me since High School, I started by saying the best decision I have made in my life was to marry Tim. It is so true!! To be able to marry the right person, in the right place, at the right time has blessed my life tremendously!!

Today we are celebrating Tim's 48th birthday!! I can't believe how fast the time has gone since it feels like yesterday it was his 16th birthday and I dropped a cake off at his house :). We have now been married for 26 1/2 years. I'm so grateful to have Tim as my husband. He means the world to me!! He is also the ultimate family man. He is adored and respected our children. I'm am so grateful for all of his hard work and the effort he puts forth for our family.

Tim has always done a wonderful job to preside over our family in love and righteousness and does he does great job to provide and protect our family. He strives to do whatever is best for each of us. Many years ago, when Sean was a young boy, we were on a trip to St. George. We stopped to get some food and Tim was getting ready to order and turned to the kids to ask what they wanted. Sean decided he was going to order the exact same thing that his dad ordered. A Double Cheeseburger, large fries, and a Dr. Pepper. Tim was surprised to hear Sean say he wanted a Dr. Pepper. Tim said to Sean, "Dr. Pepper isn't good for you Sean." Then Sean replied, "why can you drink it dad?" Tim replied, "It is not good for me either Sean, and from now on, I promise you I will not drink Dr. Pepper." That has been about thirteen years ago, and Tim has not had a Dr. Pepper since. Keeping a promise to his son, and setting an example for him was more important to Tim then his favorite drink. This is just one of many examples of how Tim strives to do what is best for his family.

I hope it is a very Happy Birthday Tim!!! I'm so glad I am blessed to have you as my husband.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Great post Margie!! Happy birthday Tim!

Alan said...

Fortunately I don't like Dr. Pepper :)

Happy Birthday Tim

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Happy birthday, Tim!

Lilian said...

Tim is a wonderful person and a great brother! (I do like Dr. Pepper. Although, it's a treat to me since I don't drink it often.)

Happy Birthday Tim!!

Nicole A. said...

Cute!!