October 6, 2008

Heaven on Earth


We have had a wonderful long weekend. It was fabulous to have Melissa and Sean home with us. It has been over four months since we have all been together and it felt great!! Luckily, next time we will have Adam with us too. Melissa is so on the ball and quickly blogs about all our coming and goings I won't go into detail, but just to say IT HAS BEEN A GREAT FIVE DAYS.

We loved Russell & Jessica's wedding!! It was so nice to see everyone. Even though Alan and Marivic weren't with us, we all enjoyed the DVD presentation and I felt like they were right there too. It was great to be in the temple with Melissa since the only other sealing we have been to together was on August 5th, 2006 when Melissa and Adam were married. There was a beautiful feeling throughout the day.

It was great to have Sean come home. He arrived Thursday night just in time to eat dinner (and sing "all love together in our garage") and drive to the reception. I was glad he was able to come to the reception with us.


Friday morning Sean and I went to his Dr. appointment so that he could get the last of his information gathered so he could apply for a visa to Australia. We were surprised that we had to spent 2 hours with the doctor so he could fill out the fourteen pages required by the Australian government. The doctor was surprised too. He said he had never seen a visa application requiring so much detail. I did feel badly for all of those people scheduled after us. I am happy to report that he appears to have finished all he needs to do for the visa since his deadline date is Oct 8th!!
We left for the temple Friday afternoon about 3:30. Tim and Sean needed to be there by 4:30 and so Melissa and I dropped them off and took a couple of pictures...




Words cannot express what a special experience it was for me to be in the temple with Sean. It was AWESOME!! I am savoring the experience over and over in my mind and heart.

We all enjoyed watching conference together with a quick trip to the mall in between sessions. We had a girls party night while Sean and Tim were at the Priesthood session. After Tim and I went to bed on Saturday, the three kids stayed up until 1:00 a.m. talking and laughing together. Megan told me that Sean said he was feeling like a man now. She told him he was only a MA...you don't become a MAN until after your mission. Nothing like a sister to put you in your place.

But by Sunday night that sinking feeling hit. Suzie was having a family party at her house and Sean's ride back to Idaho made it so we had to say goodbye after conference even though his ride wasn't coming until 6:00p.m. Melissa had to be to the airport by 6:30p.m. We are just glad that that we will be able to be together for a weekend in November.
We will take what we can get. I am grateful that families can be together forever.
I am also grateful for those tall Marsden genes. Oh my heck...I am the shortest one in my family.




5 comments:

BobN said...

Hi Margie. Great to see you. Must have been an awesome weekend. Taking the boys with me on temple open houses and to do baptisms has been sweet. I can only imagine what the next temple milestone will be like.

Lesley said...

Great post Margie. I love the Marsden "genes" too, but I really wish I looked as good in my "jeans" as you three Marsden girls do in yours :-)

Karalee said...

Best pictures ever, Margie. You are a lucky girl...no wonder you love life so much!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Beautiful post Margie! I love the family photo. And, yes, I join with you in your gratitude for the tall gene from the Marsdens. Whew! I'm glad my short gene turned out to be non-dominant.

Bea said...

It was a very busy week but an eventful one. I like tall genes also but good things come in smaller packages.