October 27, 2009

I am overwhelmed with gratitude!!


Thank you all so much for your love and support in writing Christmas letters to Elder Sean Marsden!! I have assembled the package and I will be sending it in the morning. I counted up the letters that he will receive from all of us and it came to a grand total of 38!! What a special Christmas this will make for him. All four of Sean's grandparents and all ten of Sean's Aunts & Uncles FAMILIES (Mike & Lesley, Archie & Julee, Alan & Marivic, Lilian & Cory, David & Chris, Kathy, Stephen & Colleen, Karen & Jeff, Rich & Margaret and Suzie & Steve) participated in sending love. Not one family was left unrepresented. To me that is amazing!! As the years pass, my appreciation increases as I become more and more aware of how supportive our family is.




In Sean's package I included 92 printed pages of "Family Feature Friday" that Lesley has so generously given to our family for the past seven months. What a family builder that has been for all of us to learn more about each other and strengthen our family. Way to go Les!!

I can not imagine a more memorable Christmas than this will be for Sean. You will all be a part of that memory for him.

My most memorable holiday was a Thanksgiving that I spent on a train in Egypt. Meanwhile, all those miles away, my future mother-in-law, was running all over town looking for pickled onions because she knew I would be thinking about them having pickled onions while I was away.

I want all of you to know at this time of Thanksgiving (almost) how much I love each of you. You do inspire me to be a better person. I am so glad that I have the blessing to go through life and the eternities with each of you!! I love you all!!

4 comments:

Archie said...

Margie I'm so glad it came together for the Christmas package.

We love you guys!

Archie

Lesley said...

Ohhh....I loved this post Margie! I'm so excited for Sean to receive his letters. He will have a Christmas that he'll never forget.
Love you too!!

Lilian said...

How great for Sean. I know those missionaries get so lonely and homesick at Christmas and I know this helps a lot.

Bea said...

In future years you will be able to say you ran all over the place collecting letters to send to Sean. Way to go Mom!!!!!
I glad your efforts were successful