January 20, 2012

Goodbye 2011


We are still in January (2012) so I am not too far behind the game.  I am going to attempt to do a better job at journaling my life!  2011 has been a great year.  The days and weeks and months seems to fly by.  On Thursday of this week, Sean will have been home for one year!!  The very same day Sean returned home (January 26th) we will be taking Megan to the airport
to say goodbye until she returns in June.  She will be teaching English in Moscow, Russia.  Along with traveling to many countries in Eastern Europe!  She will be missed!

I love this picture because it is the very first time in two years that Tim were surrounded by our children.  In this picture we are still missing Adam and little baby Paige was just a tiny tiny baby.  We have been greatly blessed throughout the year to have Sean return and Paige join our family.  Below I have included some of the significant events and favorite memories of 2011. 

Taking care of Hannah when Paige was born.  I wanted to buy her a pair of sandles but she was interested in boots in September :)



Paige Lily Turney was born September 2, 2011.  It was so special to be there.  This picture was taken 2 days before I turned 50!!  Tim also turned 50 on July 1, 2011!



We were blessed to host different guest from Australia this year.  This is Zach Katene who served with Sean in Darwin.  He is seriously the tallest man I have ever personally spent time with.  You should have seen how he fit in my car.  It was a blessing having 7 missionaries from the Australia Adelaide Mission stay at our home during conference.  It was also an amazing weekend for me as I watched the primary children from our stake and surrounding stakes sing in general conference.  One of the highlights of my life!


It was hard taking family pictures without our entire family with us.  However we decided we would capture this stage of our life and where we are at right now!  Miss you Melissa, Adam, Hannah & Paige!



We had Thanksgiving dinner with the Crouch Family this year.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of all of us together.  We were having so much fun that I didn't even think of capturing the moment!!



We headed to Las Vegas right after Thanksgiving to be together for Paige's baby blessing.  We had a great time together :)



We all took turns loving and holding Paige all weekend.  She is such a sweetheart.  While Melissa talked to Megan and showed her all of her pictures from Russia...Sean spent hours watching Paige sleep in his arms. 


Melissa and Hannah came to Utah in April.  Adam gave Melissa (and the rest of us) a wonderful Valentine's gift for a trip with Hannah to Utah.  We went to the zoo together for Hannah's first trip to the zoo.  We also ate at Hires after.  It was a great day.  We were so sad that Tim was out of town.  Tim traveled a ton the first quarter of 2011!!

In April, we took Megan and Sean to BYUI.  They have the best set up!!  The both lived in the Navuoo Apartments.  They were seperated by a parking lot which has worked out great since they share a car.  It ended up that they were even put in the same Family Home Evening group.  It was a tender mercy.  It has brought a lot of comfort for me throughout the year that even though we have been seperated most of the year, none of us were alone or without family. 

Adrian & Janell Rutter stayed with us for two weeks in May.  We totally enjoyed showing them around Utah.  They quickly became part of our family. 

When I see this picture I can't help but be amazed to think that my baby is having a baby.  I think this is a beautiful picture and I feel humble to think of the miracle of birth!


Hannah is so loving with all of us.   My arms hurt to hold them whenever I see pictures of my Hannah and Paige!

This picture was taken at General Conference last April.  Aaron Hall came with us to conference.  He is now serving in Taipei, Taiwan.  We ended up pulling up to the conference center and we found a parking spot right accross the street.  It was the easiest time I have ever had parking downtown.  I figured we were getting early missionary blessings since Aaron was with us.




Loved going to hear the Tabernacle Choir on Mother's day!!


Aaron's farewell!



One of our favorite places in the world is going to Island Park.  One of our favorite traditions is going to Meadow Vue Ranch for a BBQ.  Truely one of the best meals of the year!



Meadow Vue Ranch




My kids were busted on facebook when one of their friends posted this picture of them getting the car stuck in the sand dunes. 


I loved this fantastic beach that Alan &and Marivic took us too just North of San Franscisco.  I want to go back!!




Isn't it beautiful!!



Speaking of beautiful!!  Paige is so sweet!!  She is also one of the happiest babies I have ever seen.  She seems to burst into a big smile just for being noticed!

I love all of these pictures of Adam, Melissa, Hannah & Paige!!





Just as we started 2011 being together, we finished all together.  Only this time we did have Adam and Paige with us.  We had a wonderful Christmas together.  Hannah and I went on this train together at the New Gate Mall.  She talked about this train ride the whole week.  We had a lot of fun together from seeing the lights on temple square to playing games, watching movies, talking, laughing, eating and going to parties.  My favorite part of the week was Christmas Eve.  It was a very special night and quite magical.  When we got into bed that night, Tim turned to me and said, "I will remember this night for the rest of my life."  I felt the exact same way. I don't know what 2012 will bring for each of us, but I am looking forward to finding out!

4 comments:

Nicole A. said...

Love your family! Looks like it was a great year. Your granddaughters are so cute!!

Georgia said...

2011 was truly a tremendous year for the Marsdens; one that you will definitely remember forever! It is hard to believe how much wonderfulness you crammed into a 12-month period!

We feel so blessed to be know and love your family and for the privilege to share in some of your special experiences.

Here's looking forward to what 2012 holds for us all!

Lilian said...

What a great post Margie! You guys have definitely had a great year!!

Bea said...

You always do a good job at posting. This was a great year. Glad we got to spend some of it with you :o)
Quite a bit actually :o)